- We are a non-profit, charitable educational organization.
- We do not pay any federal income taxes on the money we make. In return, we must follow certain federal guidelines on how our money can be used.
- We do not pay any state sales tax on items the PTA purchases for its own use.
- When the PTA sells taxable items, sales tax is collected because the buyer does not have tax-exempt status.
- We are permitted to declare two tax-free days during each calendar year. On those two days, we can sell taxable items without collecting sales tax.
If we sell taxable merchandise, we include the sales tax into the final price of the item to the consumer.